Wednesday 9 October 2013

Local Support


Earlier this year I joined the local ESTA (Ethical Small Traders Association) but didn’t manage to get to many meet-ups until recently. The more I talk with them the more I know I am in tune with what the group envision for our area and the future.



We aim to provide a mutually co-operative framework for local social entrepreneurs to work together on developing products and services which serve to develop the prosperity and common good of the wider community. Taken from Lancaster ESTA website.



It has been lovely to connect with like-minded people in my local area. While I don’t always ‘trade local’ I do try to support and promote local businesses wherever possible. I always aim to be ethical in my dealings with clients and suppliers.



ESTA seeks to be a model of best practice in how to run a successful, resilient, environmentally and socially responsible local business network.


As a condition of joining, members agree to improve the way their business affects environmental sustainability, community well-being and the development of everyone. Rather than being additional business burdens this can actually enhance the success of your business.



You can read about ESTA’s 4 Principles and perhaps take some, or all, on board with your bubble – even if you’re not in the Lancaster area.




If more people traded ethically then perhaps we, the small businesses, can make a huge difference.

Click To Tweet




The post Local Support appeared first on Create Bubbles.


http://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png

No comments:

Post a Comment