Thursday 27 June 2013

Publishing Choices

One of the things I am wondering is what formats to create this book in. Should I keep it as an ebook or make it available in a dead tree version?


There are many options when you look, not just traditional publishing but self-publishing, print on demand, ebooks and so on. I am quite curious about print on demand, a couple of people have told me they have been very happy with it.


Of course, providing an e-version is the simplest in terms of distribution but a paper version would be nice to have and I am very aware that not everyone wants to read a book on a screen.


I am still considering whether to approach a publishing company but I feel that, with my first book, I would like to experience the process myself so that in future I would understand what the heck a publishing company are talking about.


The one thing about self-publishing is that I will have to do all the work myself – I may outsource some of it – but the bulk will be down to me, including marketing. After all, I will want people to know about the book or else how will I find readers?


These are questions I will have to address sooner rather than later. Big decisions ahead.


The post Publishing Choices appeared first on Create Bubbles.


http://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png

No comments:

Post a Comment