Monday 22 July 2013

Please Do Not Sell To Me


I love social media, it has put me in touch with so many different people and experiences that I would never have dreamed of, but I have realised that there are good and bad ways to use it – one of the bad ways is to sell to me.


Sure you have a product or service to promote, and that’s great, but I don’t want to have it shoved in my face (not even cake, that needs to be eaten slowly and savoured). The recognised phrase is



People buy from people



It is true. I’d rather give my money to someone I know and have a good relationship with than a stranger; even if it costs me a little more.




The trust from a good relationship is worth a lot more than mere money.

Click To Tweet




So when you connect with me via social media (or even in real life) start not with “Hi, can I sell you xyz?” but with “Hi, <insert interesting conversation starter here>.” There’s nothing worse than following someone, on Twitter for example, only to be bombarded with DMs selling you something.


The post Please Do Not Sell To Me appeared first on Create Bubbles.


http://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png

No comments:

Post a Comment